Plants for Birds
Use native plants to attract birds and pollinators to your home.
Bring birds to your home by planting seed- and fruit-producing plants that grow best where you live.
- Take part in Audubon's Plants for Birds inititative and help native birds where you live.
- Find out what native plants are best for your area by using Audubon's native plant database.
More Resources About Native Plants:
WHERE TO FIND
- Midwest Natives Nursery
- Prairie Legacy Inc.
- Monarch Gardens, LLC
- Great Plains Nursery
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum
- Little Beaver Nursery
- Campbell’s Nursery
- Mulhall’s Nursery
WHAT TO READ
- NEW! Native Plant Brochure from Lincoln's Lighthouse
- Attracting Birds, Butterflies, and Other Wildlife – David Mizejewski
- Bringing Nature Home – Doug Tallamy
- Nature’s Best Hope – Doug Tallamy
- A New Garden Ethic – Benjamin Vogt
- Welcome to Subirdia – John M. Marzluff
- Planting Native to Attract Birds to Your Yard – Sharon Sorenson
- Pollinators of Native Plants – Heather Holm
- Climate-wise Landscaping – Sue Reed & Ginny Stibolt
- Attracting Native Pollinators – Xerces Society Guide
- 100 Plants to Feed the Bees – Xerces Society Guide
NATIVE PLANT LIST
NATIVE PLANTS FOR BIRDS BROCHURE
IMPACT OF NATIVE PLANTS
NATIVE PLANTS BROCHURE - LIGHTHOUSE
How you can help, right now
Keep in Touch
Here's how you can keep in touch with all the activities and programs at Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center